I’m up to my neck in a big project that I start bright and early each morning and usually come inside completely exhausted at the end of the day. It’s raining today so I’m forced to take a break.
The outdoor beaver ‘pond’ was an 8’ round 2’ deep metal stock tank.
I put it in for Paddy many years ago. Read about that process in this post
It served Paddy and Pudgie quite well through the years.
But it started rusting through and leaking so replacement was necessary. Instead of just buying another rust-bucket I decided to try my hand at building a concrete and block pond. Mr. C wasn’t particularly happy about the scope of the project but he was supportive.
So this is what I’ve been doing and why I haven’t been blogging Mr. C has been helping a lot too.
This is right after pulling the old tank out. Once again Neighbor Nick blessed me with the use of his Kubota which made this whole project possible.
The start of squaring up the hole
The bottom drain installed and preparing for mixing and pouring concrete
The bottom is finished, thank heavens we rented a mixer!
Laying out the block
I won’t win any prizes for my mortaring skills!
One would think that a mosaic artist would do a better job!
Yesterday I started capping the walls that were built. I would have preferred to use natural stone for this part but at this point I’m pushing the easy button wherever I can!
I still have to build poor Matilda a little shallow area at the far end because she is blind and afraid of deep water. I hope to get her over that problem.
Still lots to do! But we’re getting there!
And in between building I’ve been coming in to feed lil Pipsqueek… She makes me smile 🙂